Friday, May 23, 2014

While I was away

So while I was away trekking up the Himalayas in Sikkim away from all the madness in the world,  high up in the mountains without any access to mobile phones or the world wide web, a ton of changes have taken place. Even Arsenal won a trophy after 9 years making me believe that I have been away for an eternity.

  • Congratulations to Narendra Modi on becoming the new Prime Minister of the country. Although I have never been your fan, as an optimist, I can only hope that you prove me wrong and take India forward rather than backward in the next five years.


Can the NaMo bandwagon deliver its promises?
   
  •   Congratulations to Louis Van Gaal on being appointed as the new boss at Manchester United. Going through your impressive resume and the list of clubs and players you have managed, I can confidently say that the United board got it right this time. Plus, I have a new team to support this World Cup. #Netherlands
The new Gaffer at Old Trafford

  •  Congratulations to TRS and the TDP on winning the elections in the newest states of the country, Telengana and the Seemandhra. I can only hope that Hyderabad doesn’t turn a pink colored city now.
Hyderabad - the new pink city? :-/

  • Congratulations to Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal on winning the Premier League, La Liga and the FA Cup titles. All the three teams have played amazing football this season (Arsenal for the first 8 months only, though) and deserved to win trophies.
Champions of Spain after 18 years

  •  Happy Birthday to Yaya Toure, the best midfielder in the Premier League. Despite being from the other side of Manchester, I really hope that you stay at City, where you may not get cakes but instead win trophies.
20 goals from the midfield this season. Simply superb!

  • Congratulations to Ryan Giggs on calling an end to an amazingly successful career. It feels odd to imagine a Manchester United squad without the Ryan Giggs. There could not have been a better choice for the #2 man at Old Trafford, and hope you do as well in your new job.
Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs running down the wings!!

  • And last but not the least, to Liverpool and to Samir Nasri. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA.

Awwwww, Stevie! :)

I decided to be totally neutral while writing this article but looks like my Red Devil blood took over at the end. Frankly, Liverpool have been the most entertaining team this season and I really do hope Suarez gets fit in time for the World Cup. As far as Nasri is concerned, I do not know what the FFF were thinking when they selected their World Cup squad.

http://www.outdoorsmartphone.tv BEAMER TEST use a captcha

No comments:

Post a Comment